After School/School Age Program
Springboard offers an innovative after school program serving children in grades K-5 at our Arlington and Westford locations. Our teachers provide a mix of engaging enrichment activities that ignite a passion for learning and aid in the development of social and communication skills.
Our program’s structure and philosophies:
- Nourishing our bodies is important. We provide healthy snacks when students arrive at our program each day to refuel them for the afternoon activities.
- Instilling effective study habits is a primary focus during academic and homework time. With the guidance of a licensed teacher, we strive to ensure children understand what they were taught that day in school.
- We strive to foster personal creativity and passions in our students. By incorporating STEAM into our activities, we expose students to Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics themes throughout the week.
- Fresh air and outdoor time provide a chance to reset our bodies and minds. We offer unstructured activity that allows our students the freedom to release any stress and energy built up over the day. When the weather is unfavorable, we provide indoor games and activities to allow for physical recreation, including climbing on a rock wall, shooting basketballs on the hoops and more.
- Rest and quiet time! Our students can decompress after school in our safe, state-of-the-art den or reading areas each day. These areas offer various activities to engage each other, challenge themselves or to simply take a break. We offer age-appropriate blocks, board games, books, and other creative activities.